My Top 5 Blushes- Mini Review Series

In the past I was never really a blush kind of girl, I thought because my skin was already pinky that I shouldn't bother using it. However that has changed now and I find myself using one everyday! These are my top five blush products, some of which are old and loved and some which are relatively new!


These are my top five picks. As you can see there are some high end and some affordable examples here and I'm sure many of you will recognise a few of them. Also I plan on making these top 5 posts a series which may include lip products, foundations, mascaras, eyeliners and anything else I think may benefit someone!


I have swatched them all above and will list them below from left to right. I couldn't say which one I liked best so they are in no order of preference.

Benefit Rockateur (buy here)
I got the blush after seeing it continuously recommended by Leighannsays, one of my favourite Youtube beauty gurus. It is super highlighting and smells amazing which I guess is quite weird but a plus in my books! The colour is a beautiful rose gold shade which I find really compliments my pale skin.

M.A.C Margin (buy here)
After seeing this blush on The Silver Doll I decided I had to get it. Its a really beautiful muted peach colour with a gold shimmer running through it which is really highlighting. I love using this blush on nights out because I find the frost finish really flattering in the artificial light.

M.A.C Breath of Plum (buy here)
My best friend and I decided to get each other blushes for Christmas! We picked out our own which is a little bit naughty but hey ho, we know what we want! I love this beautiful purple plum colour for the winter months as it matches my berry shaded lipsticks really well.

No.7 Soft Damson (buy here)
I have had the blush for years now as you can probably tell from the outdated packaging and the fact I have hit pan really badly now! Yet I still find myself using this on a regular basis as it is one of the only matte blushes I own and such a flattering colour against my pale skin.

Natural Collection Peach Melba (buy here)
This is my most coral shaded blush which I find great for summer and everyday wear. It is really creamy and soft unlike the other four blushes I picked which are more powdery. Also it is the cheapest out of all five at only £1.99 which I think is amazing for the quality you get!
Jenny x

62 comments:

  1. I really like rockateur
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post ;)
    I invite to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Benefit blushes :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I'm not a blush kind of girl but the natural collection one looks so pretty x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post dear..
    I love blushes...:)
    http://deepti01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these colours, I'll have to try them out for myself x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah they are all so pretty! X

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice picks of blushes. I love the Benefit Rockateur!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice set of top products! but i prefer mac always ;)
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't a blush kind of girl too but now I've been using so much!! l really loved the swatch of Margin by Mac *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure many others are the same as us! x

      Delete
  11. I like the number 7 Soft Damson... I like blush but I think people need to learn to blend well... great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, blending is very important x

      Delete
  12. I love the first one! It's so girly and it reminds me of a sunny day on the beach somehow haha. I love how you wrote this post! Keep going xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats Benefit Rockateur if you wanted it and awh thankyou :) x

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the visit, we can follow each other. Following now on gfc and blogloving.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey thanx for dropping by my blog
    sure i would like to follow
    follow me and let me know i'll follow back
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. of course i follow you ;)
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always steered clear from blush as I already have fairly rosy skin, but I'm tempted to try the Rockateur blush!
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely the same but it acts more like a highlight than anything else! x

      Delete
  17. I really love Benefit Rockateur, it's such a gorgeous blush isn't it?! I love how much of a glow it gives the skin! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is and I know, thats why I like it so much too x

      Delete
  18. love mac cosmetics<3
    im following you now,waiting for you;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey u have a lovely blog.....do u wanna follow each other on GFC, bloglovin and google+
    do let me know....i will follow u back
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice!
    i like follow each other
    i follow you
    follow me back dear!
    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice post!!! we take it into account.
    Kisses

    Alicia & Sofía
    asstyleanddesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll LOVE to try out the natural collection blushes! :( so sad I can't find them here in Italy... sob..

    SoBarbylicious BLOG
    SoBarbylicious Facebook PAGE
    Follow me on BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely swatches. I'm quite like you; blush is one of the most ignored products on my makeup table although I always wear it on nights out. This is because it seems to just ruin any concealer work on my cheeks and I have acne prone skin so need to keep that area clean! After reading your post though I think I may try the peachy on from the Natural Collection, I just love the warmth of the tone! And best to start off cheap I suppose haha.

    You asked on my blog if we could follow each other. I am following you now on GFC, so now it's your turn :)

    www.pookybanana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I have bad skin too >< Yeah start of cheap haha and I will follow you back now x

      Delete
  24. It's always difficult for me to choose a blush, so I usually avoid it ;)
    Thanks for stopping by! Sure I'll follow you! Feel free to follow back! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, yes I'd love to follow each other. I am following you on gfc, please follow back ;)

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your comment:)
    You have new follower, followe me back please ;)

    xo
    http://smileewithus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post!
    Of course we can follow eachother! I just followed you on blogger and GFC
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete