EXPLORING VIENNA








This Easter I was lucky enough to squeeze in a holiday to Vienna with my friend Katie and we were also lucky enough to stay with my cousin and his girlfriend who live there! Vienna is such a beautiful city and was so chilled out, maybe we were (again) just lucky but it wasn't crowded at all even at the main tourist destinations in the first district and Schönbrunn. The first district is full of stunningly grand architecture which you have to see when visiting and I definitely recommend paying to go up to the top of Stephansdom, it wasn't expensive. The zoo in Schönbrunn is another must, it's by far the best I've ever visited. The range of animals was huge and they all looked so well looked after and happy. The palace is also really beautiful and impressive, seemed never ending. Food to try in Vienna/Austria in general includes schnitzel, apple strudel and Sachertorte though I didn't really enjoy the latter. Something worth mentioning is the Austrians way of tipping is quite different to in England. The tip isn't included in the bill, instead you round up how much change you want which is pretty weird but actually makes so much sense, plus it's completely normal to pay separately when with friends rather than trying to work out how to split the bill yourselves. I've got major holiday blues writing this which sucks but I enjoy sharing my travel adventures with you guys so never mind! Have any of you been to Vienna, do any of you actually live in Vienna? If so I am very jealous!

13 comments:

  1. I love Vienna! I used to live pretty close so went there very often.
    The pic where you sit at table is my favorite place to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so cool! The pork was amazing, loved the restaurant! Completely get why it's your favourite place to eat! x

      Delete
  2. Great photos!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/04/pink-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photography, everything looks so pretty!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow vienna looks really good - nice pics(:
    xx from Italy
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow amazing photos! It looks really great there <3
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks stunning, I've always wanted to go! Lake Garda this year hopefully Vienna next year (:

    ReplyDelete