WEEKEND IN INNSBRUCK AND AN END TO ERASMUS


This has been the hell of all busy weeks, too many long train journeys, too much packing and far too many goodbyes but I've finally settled back down... in Falmouth. My study abroad ended on Monday so I'm back to the reality of having to work for my degree (sigh). But last weekend as a final hurrah I went to Innsbruck with a group of other friends I made on Erasmus to visit two friends who had already left Salzburg! And it really was a lovely way to end things. The city is completely surrounded by beautiful mountains which makes it one of the most popular ski resorts in Austria. There's also lots of beautiful architecture, most famously designed by Zaha Hadid and the Swarovski museum which I really enjoyed and would say is worth a visit. I had no idea Swarovski had collaborated with so many interesting artists! I stayed in a hotel right in the centre of the city, which had beautiful views of the mountains, with one of my favourite Erasmus friends for the two day one night break, such lovely treat! 



Obviously we had to venture up one of the mountains which took about 20 minuets via cable car and had a few different stop off points where I took a ridiculous amount of pictures... the view of Innsbruck was really beautiful! People were skiing and relaxing and there was a DJ making the whole place seem really cool, I wish we had been able to join in and ski but non of us were dressed appropriately for the amount of snow up there and we had no equipment, next time for sure! After messing around on the mountain for a while we headed back down and wondered through the old town, past the famous golden roof which I didn't get a picture of but google if you're interested, to an Austrian restaurant were we ate, drank and enjoyed each others company!



I'm really glad I got to visit Innsbruck before leaving Austria especially as I got to go with such a lovely group and I'm already missing them a loads. But I'm visiting Salzburg in April so don't have too long before being reunited and that's after my friend Ania comes to stay with me in England, so even less time before seeing her! We plan on doing all the best touristy things in London so that's a post to look forward to if you've never been! I also plan on doing a post about study abroad programmes (maybe a pros and cons list), something lighthearted but hopefully informative as well. Let me know if you've done a study abroad programme, where you went and if you loved it as much as I loved mine and lastly, I hope you had a nice weekend!

Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

  1. wow,such a beautiful place
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete