High End Makeup Haul

A haul!! Haven't hauled in ages. Have not been on a spending ban so not sure why. I could do a catch up haul I suppose? Am obviously having haul withdrawal but didn't realise. But anyway... today I have a high(ish) end beauty haul to share with you. Some bits I got for myself, some for Christmas but all have been tried and tested over the last few weeks so I'll tell you what I think about them!


Firstly the powders, The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer in 03, Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium and Urban Decay Naked Skin Finishing Powder in Naked Light. I have heard/read endless good reviews about this Body Shop bronzer, I'm sure you have too. So I decided to try it out as my beloved Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Bronze and Glow is now all glow and no bronze. Honey Bronze had big shoes to fill and surprisingly it kind of has. Considering the price this is the best bronzer I have ever used. It isn't too dark for me or too warm toned and goes on really smoothly. The packaging is practical, has a big mirror and doesn't feel like it is going to fall apart. So big thumbs up and deffo recommend. 


The Mac Skinfinish was a present from Silv (mentioned many a time but here is a link to her blog if you're new!) for Christmas so thanks!! I've wanted to try this ever since Sharon Farrell (youtube/blog) started using it to set her foundation. Being a mineral powder it is super glowy and skin perfecting, it makes my skin look fresh and awake if that makes sense! Very different to my usual studio fix powder. Lastly the Urban Decay powder. I haven't heard a lot about this powder but thought I'd give it a go as I quite liked the concealer from the same collection. But I'm not a massive fan, I find the shade too yellow... I realise I picked the shade so that could be entirely my fault! However, it is finely milled and sits really lightly on the skin.



Now for the lip products! Firstly, the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Manic. I blinking love this lip pencil. It actually does just glide on, 10x smoother than the Mac lip pencils. I love the colour as it is very similar to my natural lip colour so great for over lining slightly without it looking ridiculous and it stays put for a good five-six hours. I also have the matching lipstick in Manic, this is also really nice in terms of texture, wear etc. but I prefer the pencil on its own with some lip balm. It looks natural and is more wearable in the day time. 

Lastly I have a Dior Addict Fluid Stick. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, much prefer something a little more slick but of course it's what's inside that counts! As as you'd expect from the pricetag ut us pretty amazing! It's not sticky, lasts ages and wears off evenly. Beautiful colour payoff and feels moisturising and creamy on the lips. My friends Grace and Rose got this for me so thanks gals, I lovee! And that's it, hope you enjoyed this haul! x

2 comments:

  1. Oh that Dior lippie is so pretty! I love all lip products by Dior but I agree, their packaging isn't my favorite.

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete