January Favourites


This hedgehog is cheering for you because you can do anything!

Motivational hedgehog to begin a post nothing to do with motivation? Personally I appreciate all the inspiration this hedgehog gives me so early on in the week (please weekend, come quickly). 

Back on topic though, January Favourites. January is my least favourite month of the year, post Christmas blues, shitty weather, unrealistic resolutions being broken and people feeling rubbish as a result... so I've been filling January with lovely things in an effort to counteract its negative effects on my mood/life! So here goes, my first favourites post I think ever!! 

The Crown
If you haven't seen The Crown yet, go now. Don't finish reading, just go watch. No need to thank me. Those who have seen it, isn't it great!! I literally love Philip and I don't know why because he can be a bit of a twat, right? I also love Stranger Things but not as much as The Crown. My next binge will be The Man in the High Castle, an Amazon Prime series based on a book by Philip K. Dick which I have just started reading.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
I'm on to my third pot/tube... very unlike me to stick with a product so long as usually I want to try something new! But this is hands down best concealer ever. Apart from the doe-foot applicator which I refuse to use because the idea of bacteria build up inside the tube scares me haha. But it conceals without being cakey, is just extremely pigmented. You can get it on ASOS with free delivery and student discount. 

Desert Island Discs & PanDolly Podcasts
My two favourite podcasts. Desert Island Discs, I think most will have heard of but if not 'Desert Island Discs was created by Roy Plomley in 1942, and the format is simple: a guest is invited by Kirsty Young to choose the eight records they would take with them to a desert island' (thankyou Google). I particularly liked Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson, Caitlin Moran, Bruce Springsteen and Dustin Hoffmans interviews to name a few. PanDolly is a pop culture podcast hosted by two lovely, hilarious and relatable gals from the Sunday Times. I genuinely look forward to this one every week. 

New Topshop Cain Jeans
Cain jeans?! What is Cain... I don't know, they're new but I love the fit!! They are highwaisted (obvs) and cropped at the ankle. I will probably review them at some point. 

Couchsurfing Guests
This month has been a month for Couchsurfing guests! Two lovely Argentinians stayed with my auntie for just over a week and I got to hang out with them loads which was so much fun. They're backpacking around Europe, couchsurfing and house sitting as they go to save money on accommodation, just like I did in the summer. I then had a lovely Frenchman to stay. He is doing the coastal walk around Britain and his company was also really enjoyable! These guys make me want to travel and couchsurf again because I love meeting new people, in my experience they've all been so blinking lovely!!

And that is it!! Hope you've all had a decent January... bring on Feb!! 

2 comments:

  1. OK, I LOVE the Crown! It's funny because when I was studying in the UK, I knew the Royal family wasn't the most popular but I knew Prince Philip especially was considered to be kind of a dick. I just really love Matt Smith's portrayal and I found Queen Elizabeth to be the most politely assertive person ever! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah haha! He is I guess, but not as much as Charles because everyone loved Diana. I love his portrayal too, I they couldn't have cast someone more perfect! x

      Delete