Self Love and Appreciation

We all have a little Samantha, Miranda, Charlotte and Carrie in us. And I don't think that was a mistake on Candace Bushnell's part (such a clever clogs) because it makes all of Sex and the City so bloody relatable! And for this post, Samantha's 'Hello my name is Fabulous' quote is particularly appropriate because I'm going to be talking about self appreciation and self love! I recently made a decision which resulted in someone important to me being cut out of my life because, well... I wasn't getting enough from our relationship and it was getting me down. Potentially I am a little hard to please, I don't know... but there's nothing wrong with that! And there is nothing wrong with prioritising yourself. If you don't, who will?



I'm not claiming to have all the answers or even the slightest bit of wisdom (at the grand old age of 21 haha). However as it is generally recognised that showing yourself some love is beneficial, I wanted to reiterate and emphasise how important I think it is! We should spend more time on ourselves, on self development! Even if that just means mentally acknowledging how great you are. Or realising you deserve to take an hour a week to have a proper bath bomb bath! If you're putting more into a relationship (friendly or romantic) than you're getting back, fix it because you deserve better! Respect yourself, hold yourself in high esteem and others will do the same. Confidence, self appreciation and self love are important. I love Samanthas unabashed confidence, it makes for cracking nineties/noughties TV.  

2 comments:

  1. I remember i had to let go of a some friendships around that age as well. It wasn't dramatic but I couldn't really bring myself to talk to certain people anymore when I realized they brought nothing of value in my life, but even worse, they caused me so much grief and I only associated them with negative feelings. It happens and you're absolutely right when you say you have to practice self-care. Don't worry, the hurt goes away and you're making room in your life for positive people and people who will come to mean so much more to you! Best wishes in your life journey! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good be reminded I'm not the only one who has had to let go! Thankyou :) xx

      Delete